Offered year-round in most regions in Québec, the Maritimes and Ontario, this highly advanced skid control program includes a theoretical part and a practical part with a skid control simulator exclusive in North America.
Advanced Tecnic offers businesses a defensive driving course on slippery surfaces.
To obtain more information about this training, communicate with our business services.
Tecnic skid control simulatorUsing an exclusive Tecnic technology, employees as well as employers are able to safely learn the right techniques to control skidding during emergencies.
A driving course that quickly pays offDo your employees travel a lot? Our Defensive Driving on Slippery Surfaces course will become an investment that quickly pays off. A precious advantage that our customers confirm to us year after year:
- Cost reductions related to accidents (repairs, replacement, etc.).
- Lower insurance premiums.
- Lower rate of absenteeism.
- More efficient fleet management.
- Improved staff satisfaction.
Course details for Defensive Driving on Slippery SurfacesFully adaptable to the constraints and needs of your business, our standard training consists of two parts: theoretical and practical.
Theoretical (2 to 3 hours)
- Driving position at the wheel.
- Active vision (including anticipation).
- Adverse conditions in spring, summer and fall.
- Winter driving.
- Braking techniques.
- Negotiating curves and turns.
- Skidding (propulsion, traction, 4x4 vehicle).
- PowerPoint presentation.
- “Defensive Driving Course” handbook given to each participant.
Practical supervised skidding with simulator (1 hour/2 participants)
- Basic skidding.
- Basic skidding and braking.
Note that additional practical sessions covering more complex exercises are also available.