- 21 June 2023
5 things to bring on your excursions...
Summer’s here! We can finally stop dreaming about those sunny days and start travelling our roads and highways! Before you set off for a 3-wheeler adventure, make sure you have these 5 essential items in your bags!
- A sturdy waterproof outfit. In fact, you should always have raingear with you whenever you head off on your three-wheeler. Why? Because we never know when we’ll get caught in a downpour! While light showers during hot days may be a welcome reprieve, the combination of rain and wind can quickly become disagreeable, even to the point of leading to hypothermia.
- Drink up! We often forget to adequately hydrate ourselves when we set off for a long trek. And while they may be handy, coffee, energy drinks and soft drinks are not the best hydration options. If you can, bring along some water and remember to stop often and drink up. Your body will let you know what’s the perfect balance between not enough and too much liquid sustenance.
- A trustworthy navigation aid. Never take the availability of a reliable cellular network for granted. The quality of a cellular signal can be impacted by a number of factors, even when only a few kilometres from an urban centre. You should ideally prepare a backup plan; this could consist of a dedicated GPS device, an application on your phone for downloading maps (such as HERE WeGo) or even old-fashioned paper maps...
- A bit of cash. One of the most exciting parts about setting out on a road trip is discovering unexpected locations! However, these hidden gems (like the kiosk that sells to-die-for apple pie much like the ones grandma used to bake!) sometimes only take cash!
- Emergency supplies. Of course, no one wishes harm on anyone else, but no one is totally protected from unexpected events. Bring along a first aid kit that also includes specific items: sun cream, painkillers, etc. And while you’re at it, you may want to bring along a few basic tools as well as a tire repair kit!
Other blog articles that may interest youTHE MOTORCYCLE SEASON IS OFFICIALLY UNDERWAY!
MOTORCYCLE RIDES IN HOT WEATHER
PREPARING YOUR MOTORCYCLE, THREE-WHEELER OR MOPED FOR THE WARMER WEATHER!
Share on Facebook